Thursday, July 20, 2006

It starts with a bike....

Alright, here I am with my first motorcycle and I am stoked. I have wanted a bike for some time now but I haven't had the time or money for it. I like building stuff so whatever I would have got would have been customized. My options ranged from buying a newer triumph, buying a bike kit, making a buell conversion chopper, or buying an old bike and taking it apart and putting back the way I wanted it. I really liked the look of old triumphs but other people liked them too and it was getting harder to find a decent triumph at a low price. After talking to a good friend I started looking into older honda's. After talking to another friend that had an older triumph (the bike I wanted exactly) I realized that they seemed more of a hassle than a blessing. So my search for a honda continued.

God totally blessed me with finding this bike. It's an 1980 Honda CX 500 that doesn't run. That's right, it doesn't run. I got the bike for $200 from a good guy named Ron. I was looking for a project bike and I found one. If I wanted to I could probably part this bike off for more than $200 but this is what I wanted, something to build.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home