Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Preparation Continues...

So the rear lights were just hanging off the back of my bike, clanging around everytime I moved the thing. So I cut them off. I have new ones already picked out so this was not a big deal. Anyone want a pair of rear turn signals?



The next step in the process was to remove the radiator. First I had to loosen the hose clamps then take out the bolts that held it to the frame. Then I was suppose to slide the thing out. I was able to get the bottom hose off but there was still some fluid in the block. So I had to put it back on and get a pan to drain the rest of it out. The top hose did not want to come off and I did not want to force it just in case I damaged the radiator. After awhile it finally came off.



Then it was time to drain the oil. I loosened the bolt to drain the oil, then dropped the filter into the pan. That was a fun mess to clean up. Clymers said to take out the dip stick but oil started coming out of there too. Latex gloves are a godsend.





Next I had to loosen the rear brake adjuster screw.



Then I removed some of the wiring harness clips and disconnected the coil electrical connectors. I also had to disconnect the thermostat and oil pressure connectors. Electricity????



Last but not least the coils had to come off. I pulled the disconnected wires free then unscrewed the coils from the frame. Picture 1- coil. Picture 2- frame no coil.





Here is look at the bike so far. It doesn't look much different than the last time but you can totally notice the missing radiator. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home