Friday, August 18, 2006

Work continues

While I was at Carpy's I noticed these little cones coming off of the carburetor. I asked him about it and he told me to get rid of my air box and put those on instead. They look much cooler, improve performance, and there is less stuff on the bike. Here is bike with the air box.



So Carpy says "rip the bloody thing out", this is easier said than done. The box is molded perfectly to fit in between the frame. On one side you have the battery, on the other it' open. But the thing does not want to move. I took off the top of the box, giving me more room to work with but my main problem was two drainage tubes that were coming from the bottom of the box. These tubes were very hard to get to, unless you crawl underneath the bike, which I did. As soon as I pulled them out liquid started draining from the box. It smelled like gas but felt like oil, that was a nice little mess. Even when those were out I had to man handle it to get it out. The splendor of my victory.






Next, I replaced my old handle bars with my new ones. Not too hard, except these bars are very short and all the cables are very long. I tried to run the cables through different areas, however, some were still long so I am going to have to shorten them or get new ones. Here are the clubman bars on the beast.



Last business of the day, I took off that hideous headlight. What a nightmare of wires, look at medusa. Here is a clean up project waiting to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home