Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tank Tank

So my most recent project is the gas tank. I have been trying to strip the old tank and get it ready for some new paint. The first step in the process was paint stripper. It works ok but it's a slow process. You spray it on, let it sit and then scrape it off. Sometimes it wants to come off easy and sometimes it doesn't want to leave it's home. This process was ok but it was a lot of work.



After doing this for a while I had a genius idea- use the grinder. So I threw the wire wheel on the grinder and went to work. The paint came off faster than it was put on. After about twenty minutes all the paint was gone.





After some fine grinding the tank looked shinier than a new quarter.





Next up is paint. I have a little more prep work but the next pictures you should see would be the tank with some color on it. Thanks for staying tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home