Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Cafe bobber?

So here are some images of the new tank placed on the bike. The more I look at it the better I like it. I knew the new tank would be shorter than the original tank before I bought it and you can definitely see it in these pictures. The tank is shorter and narrower- just what I wanted- but it's a little taller. Looks like I am going to have to place the tank a little lower down the frame looking at these pictures. No matter where I put the tank I am going to have to fabricate it. The back mounting tab will have to be extended and bent down following the curve of the frame. The front will either have extended mounting brackets from either side of the front of the tank to the mounting holes on the frame or I can just drill straight through the frame where the front of the tank is, I am not sure. The tank is also sitting a little high due to the coil mounts so it is not fully sitting on the frame. The easier said than done solution- cut them off and relocate the coils. Whatever I do to make it work will be worth putting that cool tank on the bike. Remember, when I started this blog I said I wanted to make a cool chopper cafe bike. With this tank, my proposed exhaust and my refurbished back fender I have the bobber chopper style down. With the frame, suspension, handle bars and front end I will have my cafe elements. I think this will truly be a one of a kind bike when I am done. Can you say cafe bobber?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home