Monday, September 04, 2006

Grindin' away

So in the lull of waiting for funds I been cleaning up parts. I have been wiping mud and crud from the bike and from the parts I have taken off. I also took off the front fender and cradle that held the electrical wires in the front (sorry no pictures). There were also a handfull of metal pieces that have accumulated rust over the years. In comes one of my favorite tools- the good ol' bench grinder.

My first task with the bench grinder was cleaning up the header pipes. I am in the process of getting the pieces I need for the exhaust system (see mock up 1 post), so I decided to clean up the parts I did have. Here are what the pipes looked like when I pulled them off of the bike.



Here is my dad and I grinding' away.





The finished product (the picture doesn't do justice to how clean these actually are but I'm happy with it).



I also grinded some rust off of the shift lever and the headlight fork mounts. Here are the rusty mounts.




More action.



Shinier than flava' flave's teeth.



Right now I am in the middle of deciding whether to grind the fenders down or just leave them off the bike. If I get the seat I want I will not need a rear fender and the bike looks a lot tougher without the front one. Looks like I will have to cross that bridge when I get there. Hang tight kiddies, there is more goodness to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home