Saturday, September 23, 2006

More Parts

Alright, I got some more parts in the mail this week. New shocks, new turn signals and a new oil filter. It shouldn't be long before they deliver my new tires. Out of all that all I got to do today was install the new shocks. Huh, shocks, no big deal you say. Ever try to give a cat a bath?

Taking the old shocks off was not a big deal, it was putting the new ones on. Actually it was the rubber spacers that were giving me a hard time. First you had to put them into the upper and lower holes of the shock, and they did not want to go. Then put the shock on the bike by getting the shock screw through the rubber spacer. All I have to say is lube. The only thing I had was some left over soapy water that I had used to wipe the bike down. After man-handling one of the shocks on I tried to use the soap water, and boy did it help. Don't underestimate the power of lube. Here are some pictures.

Old shocks.



New shocks.



New shocks installed.



Next I spruced up the front. Originally this wire cradle was silver and black and ugly and chipping. So I painted it and put it back on. Doesn't that look nice.



Next I bled the front brake. Sorry, no pictures, it's kind of hard bleeding brakes and taking pictures at the same time. Normally you are suppose to bleed the old fluid while putting in new fluid but I just drained the whole thing. The reason I did this was because I have to disconnect the brake line and reroute it and trim it down. Right now it's tangled in a mess of wires and it's way too long. I had a problem with getting the mastercylinder resevoir open- I couldn't. So I might need a new master cylinder, I mean when you are dealing with brakes I would assume that a new brake that works is better and a old one with problems. Well, we will see. Hopefully I will be changing some tires soon, see you guys later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home