Friday, September 29, 2006

Mock up 3

So I have been looking for a new tank and a new seat, but I have had a problem finding ones that I like that will work with the bike. Because the frame is so thick and the coils are attached to either side of the frame any tank I get will have to be completely modified. Also I had a hard time finding a cafe seat that will fit the dimensions of the back of the bike. I found two different seats that would work but they would be solo seats and I need that extra seat for my wife. So I am mocking up the bike with the original tank and seat. In my opinion it doesn't look that bad. I have enough room to turn the handle bars, which is key and the tank is still in pretty good condition. The paint on the top of the tank is fading and I want to make it somewhat custom so I'll have to strip it down and paint it. Actually I am going to solicit my friend Tim from Glassic to paint it, he's awesome. The seat is a little thick, but my butt will be happy on those long rides. Looks like I got a seat and a tank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home